Can I just say that I hate not having my "real mommy" glasses? I have worn my old pair, super glued my "real" pair, worn my real pair in a semi-nerd/semi-crooked fashion, and re-broken the real pair twice. Last night was the second time and I accomplished the destruction in a fit of laughter. I was reading a friend of a friend of a friend's blog and I so totally identified with her wish for escape from the stresses of life*, that I laughed and cried so hard that I plunked my head down on my arms for relief and in so doing broke the dang glasses again. Last night it just added to the humor of the moment. Now as I sit here typing it really doesn't seem that funny. I want my "REAL MOMMY" glasses back!
*By the way, the line that really got me was when she told her husband that she didn't know what she was making for dinner, but that what she really wanted was a coma. I don't know if you've ever felt that way...but I could totally relate!!! (I'm not truly wishing for tragedy here, but as Kaylee would say, "It's just an expression.")
1 comment:
I did think (later) that you were wearing your "best" glasses yesterday! I'm sorry they are broken-- again. I hope you can get some new ones before too long. Maybe Dave Ramsey will help?
Post a Comment