Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kmart 3/25


I have been waiting since Sunday for time and for payday so that I could go to Kmart and try to take advantage of their awesome double coupon. (Through Saturday they will double any manufacturer's coupons up to $2! The doubling happens automatically at checkout.) Today I was able to go and slowly work my way through the aisles looking for good deals. Several items that I would have gotten for free were either out of stock or not sold at Kmart - bummer! On several items I didn't completely rock the world on great prices, but I felt good about what I got for $19, using $16 worth of coupons:
-2 large cans of pringles
-2 Lysol wipes
-2 Reese's whips bars
-2 kid's crest toothpastes
-Bayer 81mg aspirin
-3 pk of Ivory soap
-Doublemint gum
-4 bags of Hershey's easter candy
-and a completely unexpected treat: 2 Christmas gift packs from Starbucks which were each $2 and contained a large white mug with red writing (they will match my kitchen and dishes!), a pot's worth of ground coffee, a small snack bag of choc chip cookies, and the REAL KICKER - a coupon for a FREE tall Starbucks beverage of my choice! All of that for $2 each and just the coffee alone, which I buy weekly, would have cost me more than $2!
I suspect that I could have saved a bit more if I had been a little more careful, but I do feel good about what I received for my time and money. I'll just keep practicing! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am very impressed about the Starbucks mug and coffee, etc!!!

tlc said...

Thanks! That's what I was most excited about!

DeAnn Riggs said...

What fun! It would be fun to go together sometime on a weekend and try our hand at couponing. Maybe 2 of us could do good work as were learning. Sounds like you have done some good "steals".